[X-Newbies] Junk mail folder

Rodney A.Hoiseth rothcorp at jcom.home.ne.jp
Tue Sep 6 17:17:34 PDT 2005

This is a real OS-X newbie question (and peripherally a Mail newbie
question--I'm still making the transition from Eudora).

My Junk mailbox icon (in the mailbox "drawer") currently shows (4)
unread messages, but when I select the Junk mailbox, the messages don't
appear in the viewer window; the window appears to be empty.

I know one possible cause--at one point I tried (unsuccessfully, I
thought) to delete two mailboxes that appeared under the junk icon in
the drawer--but I don't have a clue as to how to fix it.

I thought I had found the clue: "Rebuild" in the "Mailbox" menu, but
it's grayed out when Junk is selected...

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rodney
(in Hayama, Japan)

PS I'm on digest, so if you think you have the definitive answer (or
even a good suggestion) could you please Cc it to me at
Mailto:rothcorp at jcom.home.ne.jp so I'll get it sometime before the next
digest decides to appear. Thanks.