[X-Newbies] OS X Jaguar on Wallstreet (PB G3).

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Jun 7 13:03:41 PDT 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> I just purchased a used PB G3 and found here
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=24604> that it is the
> PB G3 model known as "Wallstreet". I am in the process of trying to
> locate a larger ATA-5 compliant drive that supports transfer speeds of
> up to 100 MB/sec and some  low profile DIMMs to expand RAM to 512 MB,
> using in both slot.

I hope you got it cheap given how inexpensive old white iBooks are. I
certainly wouldn't spend much, if any, money on upgrading it. Also I
hope you didn't get the 233 MHz version which is crippled by a lack
of L2 cache.

You don't need to install OS 9, but the partition that you install to
must be the first partition and it must be smaller than 8 GB.

Here's some more information on this machine:

http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/g3series.shtml

You can run Panther or Tiger if you want via XPostFacto: http://
eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/

Phil
--
"Those who would deny liberty to others do not deserve it themselves."
-- Abraham Lincoln - 1859