[X-Newbies] Appleworks not responding

Richard Ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 18 09:14:59 PST 2006

Keith

The short answer is yes...

Also your looking for the latest version of AppleWorks
which is 6.2.9 It will say on the back of the box
"Built for Mac OS X" ON the front is a photo of a
pen/compass/ruler in the shape of a "W" Only this
version works with OS X (10.3.9).

This past summer I picked up iWorks and pages is worth
every dollar spent but I still use AppleWorks equally
as much - I do A lot of drafting of letters and then
move them over to pages. The spell checker is much
better on pages and the final look can be beat! But
pages does take some time to learn and get used too -
but then again I have been using Appleworks for the
past 20 years in one for or another. I will not use
M$'s Word or Office in any form.

You might also give something called "NeoOffice' a
shot it free and can be found by google'ing NeoOffice.
It take the place of Word or Office and can read &
write anything sent to you on those formats - a must
have if your in business and the price is right too!

Later and good luck...

Rick