[X-Newbies] Can't surf w/ Safari, IE, Only w/ Firefox

Aldo Johnson deetya at cbn.net.id
Thu Oct 26 05:12:58 PDT 2006

Howdy all,

I have an interesting problem here. I'm on a trial basis with Diginet
(digi.net.id) here in Asia. It is basically a CDMA based service,
where you can connect the internet using the CDMA network.

The trouble is this; if I use my ISP's web proxy, I can d/l e-mail
just fine, but I can only surf using Firefox. If I try IE, it would
come back with "A Connection Failure has occurred" With Safari, it's
"Safari can't connect to the server"

I asked the CDMA network provider (who is not my ISP), and they said
it's because Firefox has a cache Huh??!! What the....?

If I don't use my ISP's web proxy, then I can connect, but at a
slower pace.

So, you get the idea. How come I can only surf using Firefox, but not
IE or Safari? Can anyone give me a pointer or something?

Thanks in advance.

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle
them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.

--John Steinbeck, novelist, Nobel laureate (1902-1968)