[X-Newbies] Can't surf w/ Safari, IE, Only w/ Firefox

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 08:24:59 PDT 2006

Selamat sore Aldo,

I can't help you with your concrete problem as I am not familiar with
CDMA. It looks to be some sort of wireless technology? Anyway, what I
can tell you is that I lived in Indonesia for four years and that no
matter what you have, your mileage may vary.

My experience has been that CBN was the best while I was there, but
there were a lot of ups and downs. When things weren't working so
well, I almost always got the excuse that it had to do with the node
from which Indonesia is connected to the Internet. I can at least
confirm that web sites to and from (in or outside) of Indonesia are
often slow to load. My suspicion is that most if not all ISP's try to
connect too many users to under dimensioned servers.

While I can't help you with your concrete problem, I can advise you to
go with a reliable ISP as you will usually get better service and a
better connection. Sometimes it also depends on where you are located
(in Jakarta) i.e. in Kemang, down on Jalan Jaksa, Gaja Mada, Kota,
etc.

Cheers,

Brian