[X-Newbies] Appleworks not responding

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 3 18:32:28 PDT 2006

> On 9/3/06 4:10 AM, "Keith Mills" <4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> Perhaps there are some of us who just shouldn't be allowed into the
>> 21st Century!

Keith,
On the contrary, come on in. I think the problems grow when people come just
half way instead of all the way. Personally I would simply abandon
AppleWorks in favor of Pages. If you have not used it, then you are missing
out on a truly delightful program to use, and it can open and work with all
of your Appleworks files. The learning curve is small as it is so logically
put together and it easily saves documents as PDF, Word, HTML, RTF, etc as
well as Pages format.

If your Appleworks problems persist and you need to start thinking about
starting again from the beginning, then I would encourage looking at Pages
as a realistic option. Most people who try it love it almost instantly,
especially if their orientation is toward graphics and design.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art