No multiuser afp?

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 12 23:21:56 PST 2004

Why is the following scenario seemingly not possible?

use the Finder to Connect a remote Volume with two different volumes
and two different users at the same time...

eg:

I mount disk1 using user1 and password1...

once this is mounted...

I try to mount disk2 using user2 and password 2...

these seem to be mutually exclusive... ??

is there a reason why this won't work?

one is a 'public' account - sort of like a central repository for
projects and is a directory on the remote volume/disk set up by Share
Points ...

the other is the drive itself mounted as a normal admin user on that
same system...

Why would this not be allowed?

              __       http://etyrnal.no-ip.com         .__