[X-Unix] RE: PGP Idoiots... (I didn't sign this one, just for you Stan)

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Oct 11 03:03:42 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:25:51AM -0400, Alexandre Gauthier wrote:
:
: Eric Crist wrote:
: >
: >I was recommended to this list by a member of FreeBSD-Questions as a
: >professional group of individuals.  I have, for the most part,
: >concluded that this is not the case, in my opinion.  I would appear
: >that there are some, enough, that are still in their infancy in the
: >view of the 'net, and the professional community.
: >
: >At this point, I'm going to bow out.  Whether I start my own list, or
: >find another, I have yet to figure out, but I don't want to 'poison'
: >this one for you folks.
:
: If you are going to put everyone on this list in the same basket, it
: shows that you don't seem to be any better than the "infancy in the view
: of the net" we seem to be in, Mr.Crist.

Looking at the PGP responses from a list community point of view,
this is my summary of the responses:

I don't know how the lurkers feel, but I'm sure they are most likely in
the categories of the 1st or 2nd responses.  Publicly, the list members
did little to chill out Stan Ulrich before Eric Crist had had enough.
I consider this a failure of the local community, including me for not
doing more to get the listmom involved sooner.  Oh well, in the end we
all suck.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/