[X4U] panther 10.3.5

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Tue Aug 10 01:41:05 PDT 2004

It seems like there are customizations beyond that. On my G4-upgraded
B&W, Software Update offers a 22.9 MB file. On my PowerBook, it offered
a 27 MB file. And, the web download (Standalone Installer) is 43 MB.
The originator of this thread, Spoonbender, reported using Software
Update and that the file offered was the full 43 MB. So, there must be
some differentiation in the update based on what Software Update finds
on the local machine. I think the considerable pause before reporting
what updates are available is additional evidence in support of this
theory. Moreover, Apple say as much, here: