password problem

spoonbender chronos326 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 11 16:46:32 PDT 2004

From: Jens Selvig <lstnmt at bresnan.net>
Subject: Password problem
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:31:54 -0600

I have a friend who is asked for his password his keychain every time
he reboots. (or logs out and back in)  When he launches Mail or Safari
then he is asked for the keychain password. Once he enters the password
all is well for both programs, until of course he has a need to reboot.

How do we rectify this behavior?

Thanks,

Jens

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...
Hi,
This is what I have done when this happened to me. Back up everything
of importance to you, or clone it to a firewire drive and delete your
login. Then recreate yourself. Make sure you delete all traces of
yourself. That way you can use the same name and password. Sometimes
the keychain just goes south, not sure why. It should only take you an
hour to get everything back to normal. If someone else has a better
idea do tell.
spoonbender...
Windows Sucks Period