[X4U] Searching "Desktop (Mac OS 9)"

Anne-Marie Concepcion amarie at senecadesign.com
Sun Dec 12 07:19:12 PST 2004

At 9:16 AM -0500 12/10/04, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>Then by fluke, I was looking in the "Desktop (Mac OS 9)" folder that
>appears on my OS X desktop and low and behold there is the file I
>had searched hi and low for.

maybe you're searching your Home folder and not "Local Disks"?  IIRC
the OS 9 desktop is not stored in your Home folder, but higher up.

If you're using the find field in a Finder window, press the icon in
the left of the field to see what's checked.

If you're using Command-F, the "full" find, then  make sure the names
of all your hard drives are checked.

AM