[X4U] Wireless Router Suggestions

Sylvester Roque nyles at cp-tel.net
Wed Dec 29 09:12:35 PST 2004

Hi everyone. New to the list but I've been reading for a while.

You might want to check out one of the Asante routers. I have been
using one for some time with no problems. I am using one that has a
print server but several models don't have that function. The setup is
web-page based so it can be accessed from either a Mac or PC. The other
nice thing is that the security features can be easily configured to
only allow access by wireless clients you specify

I have avoided Netgear lately as a royal pain. I had one that would
periodically "go blind" and not be able to see any pages on the net.
They replaced it with a second one that within a month had the same
problem. The entire process took three or four calls to tech support
each requiring over an hour and a level two technician just for some
basic troubleshooting.

Sylvester Roque nyles at cp-tel.net

On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:56 AM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com