itunes Library Assistance

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Mon Jul 26 09:02:55 PDT 2004

 I could use a little bit of help with iTunes.

In the past I have kept my music outside of the iTunes folder,  and I have
in the past unchecked the choice = copy files into my iTunes music folder
when adding to library...

 now I want to cleanup all my music, so...

- I'm starting with a fresh copy of my library (I  erased everything and
totally cleaned it out)...
- I checked the choice = copy files to iTunes music folder
-  now I can drag and drop all my songs from their remote hard drive
locations into the library and it will make one master copy of everything

Questions

- *SLOWER and SLOWER*: the first batch I did went very fast - now the new
ones (over 900...) are going very very slowly -  and appears that the larger
the database gets the slower it goes... Is there any way to speed this
process up?
- are there any cool tricks for finding and deleting duplicate songs?
- are there any other tricks that can help me set up my Master Library?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]