[X4U] rixstep.com; and computer security discussion

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sat Nov 27 09:10:49 PST 2004

There is something here that may be of interest to others. I disclaim
any relation with rixstep.com or other parties herein mentioned.
Basically, I downloaded a Mac freeware called CLIX some time ago, and
subscribed to a related newsletter called CLIXchange. It is the
newsletter that has brought to my attention various food for thought.
This link appeared in a recent CLIXchange:

   Username: Subscriber
   Password: Mac-X
(I copied and pasted text from this link into iData to wrap text. You
may want to paste into a WP or other app of your choice to do the
same.)

Follow this link to a discussion of security issues as it relates to
system level file indexing and searching routines and logging of
activities. I do not quote it here in the interest of saving bandwidth.

Mac users may want to visit rixstep.com. There is a bit of a radical
edge to some of the postings, but as a whole, it is interesting if not
informative.

A final disclaimer; user beware! I am not herein advocating use or
purchase of any "wares" on these sites. I am merely bringing these
sites to your attention fwiw.

I would like to hear from others who may be using CLIX or who have
subscribed to (purchased) software from rixstep, as to what their
experiences have been, and how they like/rate the software.
Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com