[X4U] Airport Express

Nancy Spoolman nanc at spoolman.com
Thu Oct 21 20:27:26 PDT 2004

I hope someone out there can help. I bought an Airport Express about a
month ago. I was able to set it up quite easily, entering a WEP
password, etc. When I quit working on my Powerbook, at night, and got
up the next morning, it could not access the Airport Express. Every
time I try to access it does not allow me to connect. It says it is
authenticating, it shows I am connected in Internet Connect, but it
gives me a self-assigned IP number. I am using a switch and router as I
have my entire house wired. Anyway, what I have to do is go through the
steps of reconfiguring the Airport Express using the Airport Express
Assistant every time and pretend I'm changing settings and  having it
restart. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to see if
that makes a difference. Nothing works except to reconfigure. (Most of
the time that works.)

Also, I've tried resetting it to factory default, but it NEVER works. I
have used the paper clip to push the reset button in while plugging it
in as Apple suggests. I've also tried to check out the configuration
using Airport Admin Utility, but it won't do anything when I tried and
click on the Configure tool after highlighting the Airport Express.
It's so frustrating! Has anyone else had any problems with their
Airport Express?

TIA!  :)

Nanc

"Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks UP!"