[X4U] Kernel panics and video issues

Deborah Puerini lovesalsa at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 16:47:13 PDT 2005

> Deborah,
>
> Well if you must have SCSI and you have the cash, then I think best
> option would be a Mini and a KVM.
>
> That way your old machine could still run OS 9 and SCSI would be happy
> and the Mini would run 10.3 (or even 10.4 if you can wait a few days /
> weeks). Either way 10.3 or 10.4 are much better than the 10.2 (Jaguar)
> that you currently have.
>
> You could move everything onto the Mini (except the applications that
> use the SCSI devices - are these scanners or just external drives?).
>
> If your network switch or hub has enough capacity you could have both
> machines on the network where they could share your new printer and
> use file sharing to move files between the two as required.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark (}-:

Hi Mark

Well thank you again. I need scsi for my scanner and an external
pioneer slot-load DVD-Rom drive. I'm trying to get away with NO MORE
SPENDING MONEY on this computer.

The Mini is just a dream! Was just slobbering over the possibiities.
Not in the near or far future unless my fortune changes will I be able
to do THAT! Probably will get outbid on the 16/600 printer because of
that anyway, because another printer is not necessary, really. I just
miss my personal laserwriter 300  in OS X, sitting just a foot away.
Have an epson inkjet but have always loved laser much better. I use it
in classic, works OK, pretty darned slow tho.

Deb in Rhode Island