[X4U] Kernel panics and video issues

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 5 16:57:59 PDT 2005

At 19:47 -0400 5/4/05, Deborah Puerini wrote:
>>Deborah,
>>
>>Well if you must have SCSI and you have the
>>cash, then I think best option would be a Mini
>>and a KVM.
>>
>>That way your old machine could still run OS 9
>>and SCSI would be happy and the Mini would run
>>10.3 (or even 10.4 if you can wait a few days /
>>weeks). Either way 10.3 or 10.4 are much better
>>than the 10.2 (Jaguar) that you currently have.
>>
>>You could move everything onto the Mini (except
>>the applications that use the SCSI devices -
>>are these scanners or just external drives?).
>>
>>If your network switch or hub has enough
>>capacity you could have both machines on the
>>network where they could share your new printer
>>and use file sharing to move files between the
>>two as required.
>>--
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Mark (}-:
>>

>Hi Mark
>
>Well thank you again. I need scsi for my scanner
>and an external pioneer slot-load DVD-Rom drive.
>I'm trying to get away with NO MORE SPENDING
>MONEY on this computer.
>
>The Mini is just a dream! Was just slobbering
>over the possibiities. Not in the near or far
>future unless my fortune changes will I be able
>to do THAT! Probably will get outbid on the
>16/600 printer because of that anyway, because
>another printer is not necessary, really. I just
>miss my personal laserwriter 300  in OS X,
>sitting just a foot away. Have an epson inkjet
>but have always loved laser much better. I use
>it in classic, works OK, pretty darned slow tho.
>
>Deb in Rhode Island

Deborah,

OK. Well if that's the case (and i know what you
mean) what is driving you to go to OS X?

If OS 9 works fine, why not stay there and be
productive. Then when you have saved your
pennies, you can buy the Mini (with a SuperDrive
and 10.4 or maybe even 10.5 if it takes a while)
and put the old machine (keeping the screen,
keyboard and mouse if you want to / need to) up
on eBay?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

One advantage of the  Mac OS.... "Windows© 95
doesn't smile back at me when I turn it on." --
Paulo Elias