[X4U] Re: Un-erase?

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Thu Apr 7 20:39:45 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 11:11 PM, PoolMouse wrote:

>> A helpful response to illustrate the importance of backing up might
>> have suggested some actual backup tools that the original poster
>> might have used to avoid this in the future.
>
> ...and your recommendation is?

...to not post unhelpful "shoulda made a backup" posts without at least
giving some information, perhaps an URL, to the program that they might
use.  Otherwise it might seem like a bit of pointing and gloating.

> don (who migrated all his clients to bru)

You moved all your clients to the Brussels airport ;-?

If you're asking for my recommendation for a backup program, that's
fine, and I'm happy to give it.  But as you were trying to offer
helpful advice as to what they might do differently in the future, I am
also suggesting that next time you might want to take a few seconds and
give them something that might be constructive.

Since you didn't even give an URL for the program you suggested, I
assume you meant http://www.tolisgroup.com (where I was able to
determine that the program is a commercial one, but was not able to
find something like, say, a price-list).

Since you asked, I'd suggest rsyncx which is free and open source.  It
has a GUI and command-line version.

You can find out more about it here
	http://archive.macosxlabs.org/rsyncx/rsyncx.html

and download it from here