[X4U] Retrospect backing up OSX Server Drives

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 1 20:54:16 PDT 2005

At 12:49 +1000 2/8/05, Brett Conlon wrote:
>Hiya Retro oficionadoes,
>
>Can someone point me in the direction of documentation on how to
>best set up permissions so that Retrospect running on a separate Mac
>can back up ALL of an OSX Server's partitions?
>
>I have 2 partitions that don't get backed up, despite having them
>chosen in the Client setup. The partitions that do get backed up
>have read/write access. The 2 that don't have read only.
>
>Do I need to change the login of the Retro Mac to something else, or
>give the Retro Mac higher access on the Server... or something else?
>
>BTW, the Dantz site brought up nothing for me....
>
>Cheers,
>
>Coj

Brett,

Well assuming you have the right version of Retrospect (i.e.
Retrospect Server) you should be OK.

I have a few clients with 6.0.204 or 6.0.212 that are happy backing
up 10.4.2 Server, 10.3.7 Server, 10.3.9 Server etc.

All you need to do is install the client on the Server (6.0.109 or
6.0.110) and run Retrospect on a different machine. The Server does
need to be logged in though (from memory).

Hope that helps!

Feel free to iChat me if it doesn't.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Pro is to con as progress is to Congress. -- Unknown