[X4U] Re: Help Login/Tiger

Vicki Allwardt vallwardt at mac.com
Thu Dec 15 07:49:45 PST 2005

I have a couple of new friends Tom Karns and Mac McIlvan--thanks guys.
After resetting password on the install disc, I had to put "root" in
for the name, and that finally worked.  I have set up separate user to
log in and will set up a new administrator account.
Thank you,
Vicki

> I hope someone is up tonight.  I installed Tiger on my G-3 iBook.  At
> first I got only Dawin kernel panic.
> Then I installed again, and used Archive and install.  That worked, and
> now I can not get the Password to work.  I have used the install CD to
> repair all permissions twice (also did that before install).  Have
> tried admin password, .mac password, key chain password, vault
> password, and even LapCop password.  Nothing works.  Also reset Root
> password with the CD.  It still won't let me in.  All my info is still
> there--checking Disk utility on the install CD.
> 	I am on digest, so if you can email me directly I'll be your friend
> for life.

Vicki Allwardt
Studio of Decorative Art
876 Olive Street