[X4U] Re: Help needs help

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Tue Dec 27 15:39:39 PST 2005

on 05/12/27 09:26, Jim Hurley at jhurley at infostations.com wrote:

>> On Dec 27, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, I could find no file "com.apple.helpui.plist" file
>>> on my  HD,
>>
>> It's located in your home folder (your_user_name/Library/Preferences/
>> com.apple.helpui.plist).
>

> John,
>
> Yes, that is where I looked.  The closest to com.apple.helpui.pList are:
>
>    com.apple.help.plist
>
> and
>
>    com.apple.helpviewer.plist

Delete both of those files.  In general, to fix problems with Apple Help
Viewer, I recommend the following:

1.  Quit Apple Help Viewer.

2.  Open your home folder > Library > Preferences and delete these two
files:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.help
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.helpviewer

3.  Open your home folder > Library > Caches and delete this folder:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.helpui

4.  To improve the likelihood of this working, log out, and to improve it
even more, restart your Macintosh.