[X4U] Bugs in new update 10.3.8?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Feb 13 17:57:45 PST 2005

On 2/13/05 5:14 PM, "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> When I said the menu items do not work it was a custom macro in iListen
> would  send the keyboard equivalent by voice and you could see the file menu
> flicker as if it were being accessed.

That DOES sound like the Entourage bug I mentioned. Last I remember they
didn't KNOW why it happened, but that it typically goes away if one logs out
of one's user account or reboots. And, as you noted, the File menu flickers
Entourage AppleScripting maven Allen Watson has to say about the bug:

> Re: Where did my keyboard shortcuts go
>
> Allen Watson
> Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:29:05 -0800
> This seems to happen sometimes after viewing a complex HTML message.
> Quitting and relaunching always fixes it. I've found that switching to
> Finder and back nearly always fixes it, too, and takes a lot less time!

Jim Robertson