[X4U] PowerBook in "lid closed" mode

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 20 18:08:43 PST 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 11:45 pm, Jeff Winchester wrote:
> My understanding is that the keyboard assembly of the G4 PowerBook
> acts like a heat sink, drawing heat away from the inside of the
> machine. Assuming this is correct, to close the lid would deprive the
> system of this ability.

My understanding was that heat rises and that the lid of the boko acts
as an insulator, but this in no way invalidates your question. I am
sure that Arctic-based research scientists would have no problem using
either the new G4 Powerbooks or hypothetical dual-proc G5 Powerbooks
with their lids closed.

Stroller.