[X4U] SMART Drive Status

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Fri Jul 1 18:14:56 PDT 2005

And earlier, On Jul 1, 2005, at 2:25 PM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> I'd keep an eye on it. It's possible the failing warning was an
> error, but if it shows up again, replace the drive.
>
> In the mean time, back up. Then back up again.

Thanks guys. I did immediately order another drive for it. I will
replace it as soon as the new drive arrives using the Tiger DVD's
Disk Utility 'Restore' function.

The machine is on a regularly scheduled backup to tape routine, so we
shouldn't lose any files. However, restoring from tape is more of a
pain than just duping the drive from Restore on the DVD.

Is it safe to assume that the Restore function inside the DiskUtility
on the Tiger DVD will do exactly what I'm looking for, right?

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com