[X4U] Good Reading

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jul 18 09:54:59 PDT 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 11:24 AM, SW wrote:

>  They also have to look at what their time is worth to them.
>
> What is going to cost you less.... losing a day or a day and a half
> wiping and reinstalling things, or the the money for a new computer
> already (partially) set up?
>
> This may lead to a different conclusion if  you are paid a lot of
> money for your time.

The only time saved is the time it takes to erase the drive and
install the OS. I'd estimate less than an hour to get to "factory"
condition. Compare this with the time to select, purchase and set up
new hardware. Either way you have to re-install all apps etc. I don't
see any time saved by buying a new computer.

The only way you're going to save time is to install everything, set
up all preferences, then do a backup. Use that backup to restore your
drive to "new" whenever needed.

-Mike