[X4U] Directory Failure

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Jul 18 17:33:26 PDT 2005

> I haven't had much time to do much checking, but when I boot from my
> FireWire drive, the folders seem to be intact. But, again, I haven't
> checked too carefully. Any advice on how I should proceed from here?
> Unfortunately, I didn't have a complete backup. In fact, there are
> quite a number of iTunes Store downloads not backed up, and quite a
> number of photos.
>
> Anyway, any advice is welcome.

Based on a bad experience I had recently I'd recommend getting as much data
as you can copied off of the HD before attempting any sort of repair.  Then
have a look around and see if you can find anything you've forgotten.

I could have most likely recovered most, if not all of my data had I not
tried to repair the disk prior to making sure *everything* had been saved.
Of course part of my problem was that the disk was physically bad :^(

		Zane