[X4U] Frustrating built-in Fax autofill bug

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 11:31:18 PDT 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 11:42 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Does anybody else get this?
>
> If I try to fax something through the Print.. dialog by selecting
> "fax pdf" from the popup menu in the Print dialog, I'm presented
> with a "To:" field for entering a phone #.  I find that whenever I
> start to enter a # (might only be with 1-800 numbers, since that's
> what I'm doing now), MacOS X tried to "autofill" the number.

I haven't tried your particular scenario, but usually when an
"autofill" occurs you just keep typing in what you're typing and it
will replace the autofill portion. Does that not happen when trying
to fax? Generally speaking, the autofill part disappears as soon as
you type in a character that no longer fits anything in the Address
book.

-Mike