[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips... It's all about DRM

Bill Lamb blamb at cox-internet.com
Mon Jun 6 16:19:53 PDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Neil wrote:

> Jobs said that the problem has nothing to do with the current PPC
> nor the ones coming out over the next couple years.  He said the
> issue was more about "Intel's processor roadmap really aligns with
> where we want to go much more than any other."

I love Macs and respect Jobs, but we've all got to remember one
thing: Apple is a corporation.

It's goals are to make money now and assure its long-term ability to
make even more money in the future. All else is secondary. At best.

That said, then yup, movies, I figure. With statements like the
above, Jobs could hold his own in D.C. ;-)

B I L L  L A M B  |  blamb at cox-internet.com