[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips... It's all about DRM

T.L. Miller tlmiller at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 16:30:35 PDT 2005

On 6/6/05, at 6:19 PM, Bill Lamb, <blamb at cox-internet.com> said:

>I love Macs and respect Jobs, but we've all got to remember one
>thing: Apple is a corporation.
>
>It's goals are to make money now and assure its long-term ability to
>make even more money in the future. All else is secondary. At best.

There could be some factors behind the switch that we don't know about.

Apple, of course, is supposed to make money, but I wonder how much of
the billions they are sitting on will be burned up between now and the
first Mactels. Would you recommend a PPC Mac to a friend who needs to
buy a computer w/in the next 12 months?????