[X4U] Re: iTunes consolidation

Kevin Lee Allen klad at klad.com
Thu Mar 3 10:03:15 PST 2005

I believe that is how it is supposed to work and I believe that is how=20=

it has worked for me in the past, but that is not working, this time.

I expect there to be issues with music bought from the iTunes store and=20=

that is not what I am addressing.

Clicking on Consolidate Library add the exclamation point icon, double=20=

clicking on one of those songs allows me to find the song, but iTunes=20
then does not see the rest of the songs in the folder. So, where I=20
believe I had this problem before, iTunes was able to then find the=20
other parts of the library stored on that drive, every song must be=20
located.

On Mar 3, 2005, at 9:48 AM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com=20=

wrote:

> But this just the sort of the thing that the "Consolidate iTunes
> Library" function is for.  The way it is supposed to work (and has for
> me in the past) is that it takes items in the iTunes library, i.e.
> master playlist,  (assuming it can find them so second hard drives or
> network volumes have to be mounted) that are not in your iTunes Music
> folder (check preferences for where that is), copies the file to that
> folder and resets iTunes location for that file.  Ideally after doing
> this, then you shouldn't need those additional volumes except as
> back-ups.  Of course, you need to be sure there's enough room on the
> drive with your iTunes Music Library to hold all the files.

-----
Kevin Lee Allen
Production Designer
http://www.klad.com