[X4U] Re: iTunes consolidation

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Mar 3 09:45:33 PST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 6:03 pm, Kevin Lee Allen wrote:

> I believe that is how it is supposed to work and I believe that is how
> it has worked for me in the past, but that is not working, this time.
> Clicking on Consolidate Library add the exclamation point icon, double
> clicking on one of those songs allows me to find the song, but iTunes
> then does not see the rest of the songs in the folder.

I'm sure the song must've been moved, or renamed or that its path
must've changed.

> So, where I believe I had this problem before, iTunes was able to then
> find the other parts of the library stored on that drive, every song
> must be located.

I don't recall it ever behaving this way, but I wouldn't expect to be
reliable on this point.

Is there really a problem with trashing your current library & starting
again? Just move all your music files from all your machines to one
place, trash iTunes library & preferences, find .mp3 in the big folder
of files & drag them into iTunes. Repeat for all your .m4p & .aiff
songs. Rinse. Drip dry only.

Stroller.