[X4U] Canon BJ printer problems

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 4 16:35:54 PST 2005

I have a PowerMac MDD G4 Tower model, 1.25 Ghz, OS 10.3.8.
I also have a brand new Canon bubble jet iP 3000 printer.
Everything is working fine, up to the completion of the printer driver
installation.
It will NOT quite install! Stops and spins the beach ball at aomething
like 99% installed. It just keeps going...
Finder Menu bar/Apple/About This Mac/More Info/Hardward Overview shows a
Canon USB printer, so it recognizes it's online, but...

I spent almost ¾ hours with a Canon Mac tech support  person today at
the Canon support facility, and after all the shenanigans, the driver
still wouldn't work.
Sighing, she finally suggested I call Apple to see how they could help me.
I was under the opinion that Apple didn't do that sort of customer
service anymore.

Who knows a phone number I can call where I can get some real info,
Apple or not? I expect I'll have to pay for it, but...I need a working
printer...

Any assistance appreciated!

keith whaley
Los Angeles

When I solve this printer problem, I have a FAXstf application,
operating with Apple's inboard modem, that won't send anymore. Also new
to me, it sent once, on installation, and then stopped sending. No clue
why. I need that too!  Oh well...