[X4U] Re: airport wireless - just double checking

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Mar 21 08:55:24 PST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 3:14 AM, Jon Warms wrote:

> 1) Airport now supports 802.11b and 802.11g. Airport has never
> supported 802.11a, which I believe is in limited use in the PC
> world.

Extremely limited.  Some businesses implemented it before "G" was
available because it was faster, but it never caught on and the
hardware costs remained high.  While you can still find "A" stuff out
there, it is fairly rare.  Over the weekend I saw an "A + G" pc card
for a laptop out in the wild and felt like I should take a picture of
it, like a Bigfoot sighting or something.

TjL

--
Are you a Mac developer?  Opera is hiring!
http://www.opera.com/company/jobs/programmer_mac.dml