[X4U] Tiger

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 22 15:09:46 PST 2005

At 16:55 -0600 22/3/05, Joe Sporleder wrote:
>How long traditionally has it taken Apple for a new OS release to
>become part of a new Macintosh bundle? I'm thinking about adding a
>Mac mini at home (already have an older iBook). I'm willing to wait
>until it starts shipping with Tiger. That way, I can test all of my
>production applications for our small newspaper publishing company
>and do so in an "isolated" environment. Then that way, I'll know
>what programs I'll need to buy upgrades before taking my network's
>G4 & G5 workstations to Tiger.
>
>Joe

Joe,

There is normally a technology guarantee whereby if you buy a Mac say
today and 10.4 is announced on April 1st to ship on the 15th  (the
"best" rumour to date) then because you bought your machine within 30
days the upgrade to 10.4 is a nominal fee (say US$30 - a guess) and
based on you providing proof of purchase.

If however you buy the box on the 15th it will either have 10.4 on it
or the "upgrade" will be free.

Usually it would be built in by say 1st of May.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it.
                                         --Tallulah Bankhead