[X4U] RSS reader question

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 12:33:51 PST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> On 23/3/05 7:17 pm, "Kansas Territory" <kansast at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> This is probably a bit off topic.
>> I'm just now becoming familiar with RSS feeds and and RSS clients..
>>
>> I've installed the SlashDock rss client.
>> and I have a website I've set up an RSS feed for.
>
> I used to use a separate application for reading RSS feeds - then I
> tried
> using the RSS client built into my favourite web browser, OmniWeb.
> Create a
> folder on the bookmarks bar then bookmark the links in the usual way.
>
> A nice *integrated* solution.
>
> Firefox offers similar capabilities, as will Safari in Tiger. AFAIK
> Safari
> RSS functionality can be added with a plugin (Saft)

yea..  it seems the second I figured what RSS clients and RSS feeds
were all about..  I thought the whole idea was stupid, unless you have
it built into your browser.
instead of some 3rd party client, just used to point you somewhere.

I think I'll wait for Tiger and new Safari for the built in Browser
solution.

Kansas