[X4U] Deleting pesky files

Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:05:36 PST 2005

Other suggestions for deleting files that no matter how many times I restart,
how many times I quit apps, how many different ways I try to delete them they
say:

"The item "xxx.xx" is being used by another task right now {its not}. (Other
tasks include moving, copying, or emptying the Trash.)

Try again when the other task is complete."

This happens when only finder is running.

I tried to rebuild the desk top but haven't found the correct procedure for OS
X 10.2.8 on a powebook g4

What I did try was holding down command and option at the same time durring a
restart, that doesn't work.

Not loving the idea booting off of the OS disc since I only have just a
fraction of the hard disc backed up and don't want to risk it all.

Help.