[X4U] Convert DVD

Bill White billwhite at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 08:17:41 PDT 2005

On 10/4/05 10:42 AM, alexandre <mac.k at a2k.ch> wrote:

>> Is there a way to take the sound off of a DVD?

> yes, it's easyŠ

> i use wiretap pro. it's an application that records all the sounds  coming out
> of your mac. if you use it, make sure to quit any sound- making applications
> (you don't want "you've got mail" in the middle  of your orchestral
> performanceŠ).

Just this morning I tried to record a radio stream with WireTap and it
refused to launch (probably because I had the 1.0 version and never
upgraded). I quickly remembered another program I'd read about: Audio
Hijack. It worked flawlessly and will, apparently, "hijack" a DVD's
audio...and you don't have to silence your Mac's sounds to use it either.
It's $16 well-spent, I think.

Check it out here: http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/

--Bill