[X4U] Re: permissions troubles +

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Thu Sep 1 15:04:59 PDT 2005

Eddie, et All Listas
G'day! and Thanx for the needed input here Eddie...
now I just need a lil' more...

x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:14:31 -0700
> From: Eddie Hargreaves
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: permissions troubles +

> On 8/31/05 4:59 PM, Cornett <cornett at gol.com> wrote:
> > Is that Archive&Install akin to a clean System install in OS9 with
> > an "old system" left to scavenge and trash later type deal?
> Yes
> > what size Archive file is remaining after the re-install is completed?
> Less than 1GB, in my experience
> > and is it later trashable to regain the space?
> Yes
All good news, I'm sure. As the steps I went thru to get
to X.3.9 were, X.2 from CD install, upgrade CD to X.3.4,
then DL'd updater to X.3.9, I need to know if'n my CD
upgrade to X.3.4 will allow the Archive&Install + saving
of setup?, or will I be required to do it all over from the
beginning at X.2 and go up from there??
Also, should I remove any/all hacks addonz prior to my
beginning on the Archive&Install??
And then, would it be suggestable to preform the above
on an up to date clone with a clone back after all is done
and tested out as good, lest anything go haywire along
the way??

Do Please advise, any/all advice, suggestions, ideas will
be very appreciated and much welcomed. TIA for your
time and kind considerations.

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom