[X4U] Dialing into Windows Server

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Wed Sep 28 16:59:11 PDT 2005

First, its a Windows 2000 dial-up server, not 2003.  Second, I am not
connecting through the Internet -- I am dialing up to a Windows 2000
machine, i.e. a Windows 2000 machine will pick up the phone and
establish a PPP connection with me.  Once I authenticate with that
machine, I will be able to access the network, at least that's the
theory, as it works with PCs.

Because of this, I am not looking to connect to a particular share.  I
need to access the *network* itself so that I can ssh into some
servers, ftp others, etc., all of them inside my work internal network
-- no Internet there.

I thought there might be some network driver or some sort of client
from Microsoft to allow for Macs to dial into a Windows network.  But
if there isn't, then its OK, I guess I'll have to try with a PC.

	dZ.