[X4U] Boot Camp success - now, where to get my armor

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun Apr 9 21:07:04 PDT 2006

At 8:30 PM -0700, 4/9/06, Philip J Robar wrote:

>Not according to PC World. In the current  issue McAffe was rated
>#2, behind BitDefender, Norton was #5. The three free programs,
>AntiVir, Avast,  and AVG came in 7th, 8th, and 10th out of 10
>respectively. The biggest weakness of the free programs is that
>their heuristics for dealing with unknowns are weak.

Not wanting to presume that I know more than PC World but I've been
using AVG (Commercial) on 35 computers for about 2 years and have
nothing but good things to say about it. My limited experience with
McAfee was dreadful.

>Yahoo has free spyware scanning as part of their toolbar.

Yahoo can fool you.
<http://news.com.com/Yahoo+IM+users+get+more+than+they+bargained+for/2100-1032_3-5845886.html?part=rss&tag=5845886&subj=news>

>Webroot Software's Spy Sweeper are consistently at the top of PC
>Worlds reviews.

SpySweeper starts out just fine but then gets overly in your face
with subscription update requests and is not for the uninformed (Too
many requests for user intervention when users typically don't know
what to do.)
--

Robert Ameeti

The Streets Are Safe In Philadelphia. It's Only The People That Make Them Unsafe.
- Former Philadelphia Mayor And Police Chief Frank Rizzo