[X4U] Apple Mail sending problem

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Apr 12 19:53:21 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06 9:40 PM, Jens Selvig wrote:

> I have multiple ISP's with different pop email accounts. I get my
> main Internet connection via cable modem, Bresnan. My problem arises
> when sending email. My Bresnan account works fine to send but the
> other ISP's block my sending through them via Bresnan. And worse yet
> many other ISP's block my emails when I do send via Bresnan but  use
> a different reply to address or some such inconsistancy. I am
> assuming this is all help prevent spamming. At any rate I am
> wondering if there is a way in Apple Mail to lock the sending account
> down to always be my Bresnan account. I keep forgetting to check the
> pop up window and then I'll get a delivery error message.

You could, instead, enable Port 587 in each of your non-Bresnan accounts,
and use the normal smtp for each of those accounts instead (smtp.mac.com,
whatever).

My broadband ISP is Charter Pipeline, and they blocked Port 25 for
everything but charter.net, and I needed to do this to send Earthlink mail
using smtpauth.earthlink.net, and .Mac mail with smtp.mac.com. Like you, I
was getting flack for sending Earthlink mail with a Charter reply to --
flagged as spam when the servers didn't match up.

peace,
Linda