[X4U] Apples Airport worth the extra cost?

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Fri Dec 15 00:08:15 PST 2006

>>> I¹m wanting to install a wireless network in my house. Apple¹s
>>> Airport cost¹s $200 vs some of the new ³N² models from Linksys are
>>> only $129. I¹m wanting to support Apple but the cost of the
>>> Airport seems so outragoues. Is there some reason it is so
>>> expensive? It is worth it?

One word of warning regarding recommendations for the Airport Express. I was
tempted to purchase one of these, but there does seem to be a high failure
rate of the unit, occurring just after the warranty expires. User feedback
can be found I think on the Apple site itself. Such was the level of
complaint that it put me off - I continue to plug a lead into my headphone
jack when I want to play audio through my stereo.

Cheers, Colin.

[http://www.eleventhvolume.com]