[X4U] export Address Book

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 13:18:27 PST 2006

At 8:28 AM -0800 23/12/06, P. H. Adams wrote:

>It's not necessary to use Excel, but if you want to do it the
>"right" way, you don't want to just open the file. You will want to
>import by using the menu selection "Data -> Get External Data ->
>Import Text File..." In the resulting menu, select that you are
>importing a delimited text fle and in the next menu, choose comma as
>the delimiter. Other screens give further options, such as
>specifying the type of data in the field (text, date, number, etc.).
>When finished, the values should end up in neat columns in the
>worksheet.

Well, actually, it's about the same thing. When I drag the CSV file
onto Excel I get lots of nice columns. It just happens that the
entire address is put into a single cell in the address column.

When I do it your way, I get one column that contains the street
address, but NO columns for City, State or Zip.

But it doesn't matter. I have the answer.  Address Book Exporter is a
freeware program at VersionTracker.
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14667>

With one click it lets you export your Address Book data straight
into a text file whose fields line up perfectly when you import it
into Entourage.

:-)

Daly