[X4U] Default Screen Capture format?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 20:09:30 PST 2006

I typed that string you show below, except for "png" I typed first
"jpeg" then  "jpg" ( I mean I tried one, then the other )

I tested it by taking a Shift-Cmd-3 screen cap, which deposited a
file on the desktop; its icon said PICT.

tried it several times making extra sure that I typed the string as
given, putting all the spaces and periods in the right spot.