[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Feb 16 20:29:55 PST 2006

This "story" strikes me as crazy.

If Apple were going to "dump" OSX why not make it open source, give it to
the world, the open source community will make it so it'll run on any PC or
Apple product and then see how much market share it would take. I'm sure
many people would opt for OSX. It would be bound hurt MS market penetration.

As for Adobe...I'm on an Intel iMac right now and I work in a media centre
where I use Photoshop and InDesign all the time and I am disappointed that
there won't be Intel versions of CS until 2007. That's waaaaayyy too long in
my books. It does seem like a slap in face we don't give a shit attitude. I
think that's a bad sign for Apple. While Photoshop and InDesign do run under
Rosetta they are slower than my previous 1.8 G5 and I feel like I've taken a
step back. I don't know if that's because Jobs got the Intels out faster
than originally forecast or if Apple didn't work closely enough with Adobe
in the lead up to the switch or if Adobe really just wants to cut out of
Apple all together. All I know is I don't like it.

Richard