[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....Slow Adobe

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 10:54:02 PST 2006

> As for Adobe...I'm on an Intel iMac right now and I work in a media
> centre
> where I use Photoshop and InDesign all the time and I am
> disappointed that
> there won't be Intel versions of CS until 2007. That's waaaaayyy
> too long in
> my books. It does seem like a slap in face we don't give a shit
> attitude. I
> think that's a bad sign for Apple. While Photoshop and InDesign do
> run under
> Rosetta they are slower than my previous 1.8 G5 and I feel like
> I've taken a
> step back. I don't know if that's because Jobs got the Intels out
> faster
> than originally forecast or if Apple didn't work closely enough
> with Adobe
> in the lead up to the switch or if Adobe really just wants to cut
> out of
> Apple all together. All I know is I don't like it.

I hear ya. I wonder if it is simply Adobe allocating appropriate
resources given the market and forecasted profits from an universal
binary (yin-yang disk).

I also wonder if Adobe is kinda gently slapping Jobs back for his
Aperture, Final Cut Pro, and Pages... All of which compete at least
obliquely with Adobe products. A sorta, "well show you how much you
need us..." move. Which usually backfires in the end, so I doubt that
is what is going on.

Steve