[X4U] Leaving an iMac running 24/7

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 27 13:45:16 PST 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Craig A. Finseth wrote:

> (For that matter, try turning the brightness down in regular use.
> When mine came from Apple, it was fully bright and I was able to cut
> it down by almost half with no noticable dimming.  But my screen life
> is now probably 10 times longer.)

I have an old 22" Apple LCD cinema monitor which is over 4 years old.
When I got it I set the brightness all the way down and it was plenty
bright enough for me. Now I use it at two block of  brightness on the
indicator bar and it is great. I've know people who used theirs at
max bright and they got really dim in two years.

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory, San Jose, CA.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>