[X4U] Re: FTPclient

Kelly Harding kelly.harding at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 14 06:05:45 PST 2006

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Open up Terminal.app, and type:
> 	ftp {remote hostname}
>
> Not the easiest way to FTP files, but it's free, and it's already on your
> machine.  Another possibilty would be to see if the old free version of
> Fetch will run under Classic (I don't think I've tried this myself).  There
> are several free apps out there that run native on Mac OS X, their
> usefulness will depend on what you're trying to connect to.  The ones I've
> tried don't seem to work to well connecting to anything other than Unix or
> Windows OS's.

I don't own a copy of OS 9.x so cannot install/set up Classic on this Mac.

This beige was the first Mac I was ever given. It was rescued from the
local council tip for £5!

It works quite nicely for me as I managed to scrounge a G3/400 CPU and
512mb ram for it and also
a ATi Radeon 7000 card :)

Ideally I'd like a more recent model Mac to be able ot comfortable use
OS X 10.4. But that is a future plan when money permits really. A iBook
or PowerBook will probably come before a replacement deskop Mac to
replace the old Celeron 550 laptop I have presently.

> One of my pet peaves with reguards to Mac OS X is the lack of good free
> Terminal (for what I do, Terminal.app isn't good), Usenet, and FTP clients.

I use iTerm for CLI stuff. Works nicely I find.

Kelly