[X4U] Input Menu Flags

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 19:39:35 PST 2006

At 7:05 PM -0800 1/15/06, John Baltutis wrote:

>>>There are certainly some .icns under the Unicode.bundle, but no
>>>Spanish flag there among others. I would expect it to leave under
>>>Roman.bundle but the location is not apparent. Where is it stored?
>>
>>  I found that all the ones whose .icns files are missing from the
>>  Unicode bundle are listed in the Roman bundle. But there are no icns
>>  files in the Roman bundle, just the .lproj folders and the Roman.rsrc
>>  file. I am assuming that the icons are in the Roman.rsrc file, but I
>>  can't find a way to open that file to confirm.
>
>AFAICT, the icons are in the Roman.rsrc file, but stored in the data fork, not
>the resource fork. See
><http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031126001014824> for steps to
>change that data fork stuff to the resource fork. Opening the resulting file
>w/ResEdit in Classic depicts the icons as kcns objects, but not as icons. See
><http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2056.html> for details.
>Converting those to icon files is left as an exercise-it might require booting
>into OS 9 and running ResEdit from there. See
><http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031126001014824> for other
>ideas.

Hm.  When I opened it in ResEdit in Classic it said there was no
resource fork and offered to create one. When I opened it in
something else (Resourcerer?) it said there was no data fork. I have
been able to see the text contents of the file, but as far as I can
determine, there is no data fork at all.  Where do you get Peeper?

Daly