[X4U] DRAM failure (was Hard drive or hard drive controller gone)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Jan 17 10:42:17 PST 2006

On 1/16/06 9:00 PM, "Stroller" <macmonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> My experience - but not with  Macs, just automobiles & peecees - tends to be
> that machines that  become remarkably "unlucky" can begin to take more & more
> maintenance. Since Macs have a good resale value you could consider  flinging
> a cheap 40gig or 80gig drive (around here those are the  cheapest available,
> and you can get an 80gig within a few quid of a  40) in it & flogging it on
> eBay.

After all I've been through with this MDD dualie the past several days, I
couldn't in good conscience try to unload it on anyone else without a HUGE
number of "as is" disclosures, which likely would bring the sales price down
low enough so as to make it not worth bothering.

> I'll just take any excuse for an upgrade   ;)

Those new Intel iMacs are looking better by the minute! Of course, there's
never a good time to part with all that money unexpectedly.

Jim Robertson